Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pretty Pout

I have always been a fan of lipstick, and just recently started wearing it more.  I think that it can add or change your look entirely by just that pop of color.  These are a more "pinks to reds" version of swatches, mostly NYX brand.  Because in liking lipsticks, I also like a good deal with good quality.  So I will take you one by one through them and kind of give you my thoughts;

1. (Top left) is Revlons Pink Pout-I really love this, it almst doesn't photograph as well as it looks.  It is a nude-ish pink toned lipstick, not heavy at all and its one you can build the color up.  So you could wear it more subtle in the day time and make it a bit more vibrant later on.

2. (Top Right) is NYX Mat version lipstick-MLS04 in Pale Pink.  The issue I have with this lipstick shade is its a bit too "drying" for my taste.  I love matte lipsticks because Im not a huge shine and sparkle fan on the lips, but this one is extremely dry looking.  On top of that, yes its a pale pink color but it is super frosty looking, in the sense that it is a bright white pink.  It isn't flattering on me, so I don't really put this one to use ever.

You will notice that when we get into the more pigmented Mats with NYX they get a bit more creamy looking and are not drying at all.  I have noticed this before with the NYX brand, that with the more pigment you get the better the look on the lips and the feel.

3. (Left) is NYX Mat version lipstick-MLS06 Summer Breeze.  This color is very pretty! Some may be a bit questionable whether they want to wear it or not in the day time, because it is a bit brighter than the picture depicts it to be.  But I think its a very sweet, not really in your face color and it could be worn really any time of the year but for sure a Spring and Summer must have color.

4. (Middle) NYX Mat Version lipstick-MLS18 Bloody Mary.  Notice this red carries a bit more cool tones with hints of blues and purples.  It is a very pretty color for a reds to have in your make up drawer.  I love reds for nights out, or bold days with a subtle eye.  This one is a favorite of mine.

5. (right) NYX Mat Version lipstick-MLS10 Perfect Red.  Lastly in this swatch post is the perfect red color.  This is the color I was wearing in the earlier post on Fourth of July.  It is a very vibrant red and pulls more warm tones of oranges and pure red pigments.  This is great on mostly anyone who wants to wear a red lipstick and make a statement.  I personally would wear it with a very muted eye, maybe just a nude eyeshadow and top liner.  It really is the perfect red to have in your make up drawer!

I know this is a longer post, but I really wanted to give you my thoughts on these shades.  I love the NYX lipsticks.  I actually have a whole entire cart waiting for purchase at some point between this "college kid budget" and the "shopping lover" in me. :) NYX really does have good quality product for a price that is very reasonable considered to other brands.  They can run anywhere from 4-6dollars depending on which lipstick line you choose from that they offer (which all of them offer different looks and that is a whole completely different topic post)  But even on Amazon you can find them for cheaper than that! I'd say thats a steal worth spending for!

Hope you all enjoyed my review on these! I plan to do more swatches for you in the future! (possibly on video when I get my voice back)

Stay Fierce- <3 A.C.

4 comments:

  1. Did you take and put together the lipstick pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors of these lipsticks are so bright and vibrant. How long do they usually last before you have to reapply?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathryne- Yes! those are my lips lol I used PhotoGrid to put them together like that, that is a small amount of NYX lipsticks I have!

    Kara- They are awesome! Honestly Im just paranoid when I wear lipstick so I reapply every so often (every few hours) but you don't actually need to AT ALL! I've gone all night especially with the red without reapplying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea that you used your own lips instead of looking some up online, that's really cool. I'm not that big into shine and glitter either so sometimes it's hard for me to find a good lip shade. Any advise for a girl who doesn't do bold colors well and doesn't wear lipstick often?

    ReplyDelete